The PYD Media Collection offers use of educational materials for Wisconsin Extension educators, volunteers, and youth. The materials are available through the Positive Youth Development Institute. Titles in the collection cover a range of formats and subject areas.
We are currently working on posting the list of available Media Collection materials in the Resource Library. Until then, please choose from these current inventory lists.
To request materials, please read through this important information, then click the Request Media button.
- First come, first served. All requests are booked on a first come, first served basis, sometimes months in advance of their use date.
- Please be prepared to give us the title, item number, dates you’d like to use the items, and location where the materials should be shipped. Alternate dates and titles are also helpful.
- Requesters will receive an email/calendar notification when we receive the request and when the materials are mailed.
- Allow at least one week for shipping. Early booking means you’ll have a better chance of getting what you need and allows us enough time to get the materials to you.
- There is no set loan period. Please request materials only for the dates you actually need them. We’ll allow for shipping time when we book your request.
- Return materials right away. Return materials on the first business day following the last day you are scheduled to use them. The borrower(s) are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
- If you need to keep something longer, please call us. We will extend the loan period if possible. However, some titles are in high demand.
- Extension-sponsored programs, including chartered 4-H clubs, borrowing 4-H media items are responsible for return postage. Some larger items may need to be picked up or delivered by means other than mail.
- Non-Extension program borrowers will be billed for outbound postage costs and are responsible for return postage. An additional $10 handling fee will be added for larger items.
Duplication of Media Collection Materials
It is illegal to make copies of the CDs or DVDS you borrow from the Media Collection. Most titles in the collection are copyrighted.
If you have any questions about the Extension Media Collection, please contact Monica Lobenstein, Learning Resources Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715)-896-0377.