The 4-H Drama Company is comprised of high school youth leaders from all over Wisconsin. Included in the Drama Company are actors, assistants to the director, and technicians. Drama Company Members work to learn directing and teaching techniques, and create a show to be performed for delegates attending the Wisconsin 4-H & Youth Conference and possibly visitors to the Wisconsin State Fair. Additionally, members share the skills and knowledge gained at the local club and county levels.
- Must be an enrolled 4-H member in good standing in grades 9-12 at the time of application.
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Strong theatre arts skills preferred.
- Past attendance at a Wisconsin 4-H & Youth Conference preferred.
- Must be able to participate in the ALL State Teams Planning Weekend, April 2-4, 2022.
- Must be able to participate in the 2022 WI 4-H & Youth Conference, June 20-23, 2022.
- Must submit two (2) Recommendation Letters to Justin Lieck by February 15, 2022. Returning members only need to submit one letter. Have the letters address your leadership, 4-H experience, theater experience (including dance, music, and technical skills) and ability to work with others in a creative setting.
- Must complete and submit an electronic application by February 15, 2022. See Application Procedures Below.
- Participate in Spring Planning Weekend, April 2-4, 2022 (Upham Woods)
- Must be able to participate in the 2022 Youth Conference, June 20-23, 2022.
- Participate in any scheduled Drama Company Trainings during Conference.
- Develop an original performance to be presented to participants during one of the conference assemblies.
- Maintain decorum in all university settings at all times.
- Participate in program evaluations at end of conference.
- Opportunity to work and share ideas with a team of 4-H youth and adults that is committed to quality and positive youth development.
- Opportunity to work in the UW-Madison campus setting.
- Advance skills in a variety of Theatre Arts disciplines.
TBD for orientation, room, meals, equipment, team t-shirts and supplies. Consult with your county 4-H office about possible sharing of expenses. Some scholarship funds will be available through the Peter Talen Arts Endowment Fund.
Applicant must complete and submit an application form electronically by February 15, 2022. Please read application information and instructions on this site before completing the online application. The application is located @ http://wi.4honline.com Please note: Applications will be found under “events.”