Adult Members are 4-H volunteer leaders interested in learning more about the theater arts experience. Adult Advisors will gain practical theater experience and develop skills by working with the WI 4-H Drama Company. Individuals are needed who enjoy working with young people, are open to new ideas, and are eager to learn, as well as be cooperative, supportive, and flexible.
Drama Company Adult Advisors work in partnership with the Drama Company Director and Assistant Director.
- Engage in a State Team Adult Advisor Orientation and Planning Meeting in January 2022 (weekend, virtually tbd)
- Participate in and/or observe training activities.
- Attend discussion sessions with the Director before and after rehearsals.
- Provide team support by building and maintaining morale and being alert to individual needs.
- Help Assistants to the Director in backstage preparations before and during the performance.
- Chaperone Drama Team members during non-rehearsal periods.
- Offer feedback on the group and its work to the Actors and Director.
- Work individually with Drama Team members on their lines or characters as indicated by the Director.
- Assign dressing rooms and assist with costumes and makeup.
- Assist directors and team members as needed.
- Accept supervision and support from salaried Extension staff or designated management volunteers.
January weekend State Team Adult Advisor Orientation (virtual); April 2-4, 2022 State Teams Planning Weekend (Upham Woods), June 2023 Summer Academy. Flexible time commitment arrangements can be made. Please contact Jay Johnson at email@example.com with conflicts no later than January 15, 2023.
None; Adult Advisor expenses are covered by the 4-H Arts Programs.
How to Apply
Applicant must complete and submit an application form electronically by January 15, 2023. Important: Please read application information and instructions on this site before completing the online application. The application is located @ http://wi.4honline.com Please note: Applications will be found under “events.”
Your county 4-H youth development staff will verify that you are a certified 4-H Volunteer Leader. For more information about being an Adult Advisor for 4-H Drama Company, please contact Director Jay Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Justin Lieck.