The Wisconsin 4-H Communications Team is a group of youth leaders, whose mission is to communicate the story of 4-H Youth Development in Wisconsin to 4-H Youth, Parents and Volunteers and potential 4-H members/parents and volunteers. Team members will develop a mixed-media presentation for delegates attending the Wisconsin 4-H & Youth Conference as well as photographing, and video recording performances to create promotional video clips for 4-H, WI 4-H & Youth Conference, and Fall Forum. Youth will post stories and photographs to the 4-H blog, post captioned photos on Facebook and Instagram, develop a gallery of stock photos for use in county newsletters or flyers, and much more. Fourteen to sixteen teens will be selected to be part of the Communications Team.
- Must be an enrolled 4-H member in grades 9-13 at the time of application.
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Experience in one of the following: digital photography, videography, writing, and design preferred.
- Past attendance at the Wisconsin 4-H & Youth Conference is preferred.
- Must be able to participate in Spring Planning Weekend, April 2-4, 2022 (may be virtual)
- Must be able to participate in the 2022 WI 4-H & Youth Conference, June 20-23, 2022.
- In addition to completing the online application, please email the following to Justin Lieck by February 15, 2022 and put Communications Team in the Subject:
- Description of your work in one of the following areas: design, photography, videography, social media or writing and describe how you would like to use your communication talents to tell the story of 4-H in Wisconsin.
- Samples of your work in one of the four focus areas: design (3 design samples), photography
(three digital photographs), videography (two, 2-3 minute video clips that have been edited) or writing
(two 1-2 page essays you’ve written for school or 2, 1-2 page creative writing projects or 2 articles you’ve written about your 4-H club or group.) Each writing sample should be double-spaced using a 12 pt. font.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Must complete and submit an electronic application by February 15, 2022. See Application Procedures below.
- Support WI 4-H Communication and Marketing efforts throughout the year.
- Must be able to participate in the all State Teams Planning Weekend, April 2-4, 2022.
- Must be able to participate in the 2022 Youth Conference, June 20-23, 2022.
- Participate, engage and provide support for the 2022 Fall Forum in November.
- Develop multi-media conference presentation for participants during conference assembly.
- Take photos of seminars and state teams during pre-conference and performance.
- Develop a web site gallery featuring Wisconsin 4-H Educational Events and Experiences.
- Maintain decorum in university computer lab at all times.
- Opportunity to work and share ideas with a team of youth and adults that are committed to telling the 4-H story.
- Opportunity to work in a modern computer lab with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Advance your skills in digital photography, videography, writing, and design.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of UW-Madison communications and arts programs
- Learn how to communicate using a variety of methods with multiple audiences (4-H youth, parents and volunteers and those who are unfamiliar with 4-H).
TBD for orientation, room, meals, equipment, team tee shirts and supplies for all State Group Activities. Consult with your county 4-H office about possible sharing of expenses. Some scholarship funds will be available through the Peter Talen 4-H Arts Endowment Fund.
Applicant must complete and submit an application form electronically by February 15, 2022. Please read application information and instructions located on this website before completing the online application. The application is located @ http://wi.4honline.com Please note: Applications will be found under “events.”
For more information about the Communications Team or help applying, please e-mail or call Amber Rehberg at email@example.com or 608-262-1557.