The WI 4-H Art Team is a leadership experience for youth leaders eager to learn more about leadership in the visual arts and crafts. As a member of the Art Team, team members plan the Summer Academy Art Exhibit (displaying artwork of 4-H members from throughout the state and creating art to develop the theme of conference through the visual arts) . Participants will have the opportunity to explore visual arts in different settings and through different educational experiences. Team member will also help plan and lead a Summer Academy and Fall Forum Seminar; teaching and sharing different art activities that delegates can share in their local communities.
- Must be an enrolled 4-H member in grades 8-13 at the time of application.
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Must have strong visual arts skills.
- Must be able to participate in the all State Teams Planning Weekend, April, 2023.
- Must be able to participate in the Summer Academy, June 2023
- In addition to completing the online application, please email 4 photos of your artwork, with each labeled with age, date, and medium it was created in, to Stephanie Kempe at email@example.com.
- Must complete and submit an electronic application by November 1, 2022 for early applicants and January 15, 2023 for final applications. See Application Procedures Below.
- Actively participate and engage in the Spring Planning Weekend Orientation and Training at Upham Woods. Helping develop a plan for the 2023 team.
- Attend the Summer Academy
- Participate in any scheduled Art Team Trainings and Meetings throughout the Academy.
- Develop Summer Academy Art Exhibit and other programs to be presented to participants during conference assemblies.
- Maintain decorum in all university settings at all times.
- Provide leadership and support of WI 4-H Arts Programming in local communities.
- Develop leadership and life skills through the arts.
- Opportunity to work and share ideas with a team of youth and adults that is committed to quality.
- Opportunity to work in the UW-Madison campus setting.
- Advance skills in a wide variety of artistic disciplines.
State team registration will be $700/participant and includes all expenses (meals and lodging) for a three-day, two-night 4-H Spring Planning Weekend (April 14 – 16) and 9-day, 8-night programming week in Madison (June 14 – 22, 2023), and programming materials. Cost should not be a barrier to applying – please reach out to your local county 4-H educator and/or WI 4-H Associate Director, Jessica Jens (firstname.lastname@example.org), to ask about financial support through scholarship funds.
Applicant must complete and submit an application form electronically by November 1, 2022 for early applications and January 15, 2023 for the final application deadline.
Important: Please read application information and instructions on this website before completing the online application. The application is located @ http://wi.4honline.com Please note: Applications will be found under “events.”