A WI 4-H Art Team Adult Advisors work with the 4-H Art Team Director to provide leadership and support for the WI 4-H Art Team. Adult Advisors are needed to assume chaperone and other adult leadership responsibilities. Adult Advisors are adult 4-H volunteers with an eagerness to create a climate in which Art Team members can flourish as young leaders in the Arts. Together, all Art Team members learn more about leadership, display techniques, and explore museum careers. Art Team Adult Advisors are cooperative, flexible, supportive, and eager to share what they know and learn with others.
Art Team Adult Advisors collaborate with the Art Team Director.
- Engage in a State Team Adult Advisor Orientation and Planning Meeting in January (dates TBD, virtually)
- Assist with the Virtual State Arts Teams Week
- Participate in mini-sessions on exhibition hanging and display.
- Participate in all Art Team activities including:
- Training & Planning Sessions
- Hanging exhibits; artwork delivery, pickup, and packaging
- Reception and Awards Ceremony
- Adjudicating the Art Team Exhibit
- Provide team support by building and maintaining morale and being alert to individual needs.
- Share what is learned with others.
- Accept supervision and support from salaried Extension Staff or designated management volunteers.
January State Team Adult Advisor Orientation (virtually); April State Teams Planning Weekend, April 2-4, 2022 (Upham Woods/virtual), June 20-23, 2022 WI 4-H & Youth Conference possibly Wisconsin State Fair (Milwaukee) July/August
- Enrolled 4-H Adult Volunteer Leader; Must complete VIP and Mandatory Reporter Training
- Interest in youth and in the arts
- Experience in setting up displays or hanging exhibitions
- Experience as a 4-H leader/volunteer
- Opportunity to work in a variety of arts-related activities
- Opportunity to work with an outstanding group of youth leaders
- Registration and on-site room and board costs paid by the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation. No cost to participate.
How to Apply
Applicant must complete and submit an application form electronically by February 15, 2022. Please read application information and instructions on this site before completing the online application. The application is located at http://wi.4honline.com Please note: Applications will be found under “events” in 4HOnline.
Your county 4-H youth development staff will verify your local 4-H membership. For more information about being an adult advisor for Art Team, please e-mail: Justin Lieck or 4-H Art Team Director, Stephanie Kempe at email@example.com