Join UW-Madison Extension this winter to sharpen your parenting skills!
Raising Wisconsin’s Children Conference is January 9th
Raising Wisconsin’s Children is a virtual event for all people caring for kids. This free, online conference provides practical parenting and child development information. Leave with tips and tricks you can try at home! Learn more and register here: https://parenting.extension.wisc.edu/raising-wisconsins-children-2024-conference
- Boosting the Benefits of Screen Time: Choosing High-Quality Shows and Apps for Young Children || Those Media Moms, Roxy Etta, PhD & Liz Horgan, PhD
- Creating Gender Affirming Homes for ALL Children || Abra Vigna, PhD
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Nurturing Positive Body Image in Kids || Mateja Savoie-Roskos, MPH, PhD
- Healthy Sports: Strategies to Encourage Participation and Avoid Specialization for Youth Athletes || Evan Nelson, DPT, PhD
- What We Know About Social Media Use and Adolescent Mental Health || Chelsea Olson, PhD
- Meditating Parents: How To Train Your Mind to Be More Present, Resilient, and Appreciative || Chad McGehee, MA, MEd
Winter Parenting Classes for All Wisconsinites
The UW-Madison Extension is offering over 50 online classes for parents and caregivers this winter. Join us to learn positive discipline, effective co-parenting and more! Most classes are virtual and free. To register, please visit: https://parenting.extension.wisc.edu
- Speaking Your Child’s Love Language
- Resilient Co-Parenting: Families Fighting Fair
- Raising a Thinking Child
- Triple P: Positive Parenting for Children with a Disability
- Triple P: Building Teenagers’ Survival Skills
- Focus on Fathers: Keep Calm and Carry On
- Trauma Informed Caregiving: Supporting Children Who Have Experienced Trauma
- And more!
Whether you’re a new parent or looking to brush up on your skills, we invite you to join us. Our classes are practical and grounded in research. Come learn the best of what science can offer parents and choose what works for you!