Bernadette (Bernie) O’Rourke
Extension Youth Livestock Specialist (90% Extension, 10% Teaching) – Housed in the department of Animal Sciences
- Support for project development in the areas of Beef, Sheep, Swine, Meat Goats, &and Meat Science for both youth and adults – through county program speaking and developing of programs to be used statewide by staff and volunteers.
- Program with 4-H, FFA, commodity groups to deliver high quality, needed programs.
- State lead for the Meat Animal Quality Assurance (MAQA) Program that reaches roughly 4500 youth each year.
- Provide programs around ag advocacy and ag literacy, and much, much more!
- Departmental responsibilities include: teaching a careers course for undergraduates and recruit for the animal sciences department.
- Website: http://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/youthlivestock